Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Edmund Pettus Bridge"

"Edmund Pettus Bridge"
24 x 36 - Oil

What a view!  A friend and I had planned to meet for lunch at Grumbles Alley.  While I was waiting for her to arrive, I took a picture of the Edmund Pettus Bridge from the parking lot at Grumbles.  The picture was absolutely stunning.  The sky was perfect - the view amazing.  The photo stirred me on the inside and I could not wait to pick up a paint brush.   I enjoyed capturing the beauty of this view on canvas!  Thank you Side Porch Sandwiches for allowing me to have this displayed at the restaurant. 

9 comments:

  1. I like this. You're really growing as an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting, Vicky! Love the sky and river!
    gail ingram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, this is beautiful!!!!!! WOW!! I remember you saying you were going to paint this that day. Just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big thank you to Diane Smitherman for allowing the oppotunity to display this piece at Grumbles Alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in Selma and don't know how many times I looked at this scene beautiful painting and you are an awesome painter miss my home town and all my friends

    Denice Johnson Walker Penman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Denise! I appreciate your post. This painting was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete